Thursday, 3 March 2016

Camping, and Celdom, and Deadlines... Oh My!

Over the past couple of years, I have been attempting to write the fourth installment of my Gary Celdom Case Journals series. Each time, I have fallen short in the progress. (Including the loss of a 30,000-word partially-finished manuscript version due to the upgrade of my laptop to Windows 10. Feel free to curse the execs at Microsoft for that.) More often than not, it's because the plot bunnies have started poking the consciousness of my two other personas. For a fan base who has fallen in love with the antics of Gary, Jessica, Karen, and Phil, it has been unfair to all of them. However, I've decided to put my foot down, and in the words of Larry The Cable Guy, "Git 'R Done."

In four weeks the April 2016 session of Camp NaNoWriMo will commence, and I figured if I'm going to retain any of my eroding Celdom fan base, I need to get "Celdom IV" written already. The only problem is, there is an additional method to my madness. Since, I'm planning on making this a Christmas-themed story, I intend on releasing it closer to the Holiday season. (I know, I know, I'm such a tease.)  That being said, for the first time in my career as an independent author of the past five years, I will be giving myself a deadline to get the whole process complete. From first draft to release, I am giving myself a timeline of approximately seven months. I'm being slightly flexible on the release date due to some uncertainty regarding a possible author signing I've applied to, but have yet to hear back from, but exact date notwithstanding, I will be making this statement: "Celdom IV" will be released in mid-November 2016.

I feel by making this bold announcement, this will make me own up to my word. (Although, I admit there have been some things I've said during events regarding future projects that have fallen by the wayside. But, this one, I'm taking responsibility for.) But, I will say this much, I need to get "Celdom IV" done because I have some big plans for the series. I won't say too much, but it does involve one of the characters. As for what it is, you'll have to read "Celdom IV" when it is eventually released. (Okay, I'll stop teasing... for now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment